Search our site
Contact UsSpring Warrior Church of Christ
7432 S. Red Padgett Rd.
Perry, FL 32348
Meeting Times & DirectionsSunday Bible Study 9:30 amDirections via Google Maps
Sunday Worship 10:30 am
Sunday Worship 6:00 pm
Wednesday Bible Study 7:00 pm
Top Posts & Pages last 48 hours
- Marriage Meddling (a PowerPoint and mp3 audio sermon on good marriage habits)
- Predestination (a PowerPoint sermon)
- Where Joy and Sorrow Meet – an mp3 audio sermon about the cross
- The Birth of Christ
- They smell like sheep – a sermon on elders (PowerPoint & mp3 audio)
- The Family Together – Short daily devotionals for the whole family together
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit (mp3 audio & PowerPoint)
- 3rd John (mp3 audio sermon)
- Kenya October 2011
- God’s eternal plan
- Holy Spirit Indwelling
- Seeing Christ & the Plan of Salvation in the Old Testament Tabernacle
- “New” Articles, Sermons & PowerPoints at SpringWarrior.wordpress.com
- What’s our attitude towards each other? (Powerpoint sermon & audio)
- Internal & External Evidences of the Bible’s Reliability
- The Roman Road to Salvation & Calling on the Name of the Lord(an audio sermon)
- A Living Sacrifice (an audio sermon)
- Dan’s lesson about Kenya before leaving for Kenya (audio sermon)
- Dan’s letter from Kenya, November 9, 2011
Tags1 Thessalonians authority Berry Kercheville Bible Class Bill Blue church conscience Dan Chaney Daniel Doy Moyer Edification Evangelism evolution faith gospel meetings Holy Spirit Jeff Himmel Jesus Jesus Christ Kenya kingdom love Marriage Newspaper Articles podcast Powerpoint prayer preachers Prove All Things Proverbs purpose Robert Harkrider Romans sacrifice school sermon sing night Spring Warrior Steve Dewhirst Tony Mauck vacation bible school What Would Jesus Do? wisdom worship WWJD?
- Marriage Meddling (a sermon on good marriage habits) January 18, 2012Marriage Meddling (a sermon on good marriage habits)
- The Cross: Where Joy & Sorrow Meet January 18, 2012The Cross: Where Joy & Sorrow Meet
- The Birth of Christ January 18, 2012The Birth of Christ
- They Smell Like Sheep - a sermon about elders January 18, 2012They Smell Like Sheep - a sermon about elders
- Holy Spirit baptism December 5, 2011Holy Spirit baptism
- 3rd John December 5, 20113d John
- Kenya October 2011 November 28, 2011Dan's report from his trip to Kenya in October 2011
- Indwelling of the Holy Spirit November 21, 2011Indwelling of the Holy Spirit
- What's Our Attitude Towards Each Other? November 14, 2011What's Our Attitude Towards Each Other?
- Internal & External Evidences of the Bible's Reliability November 13, 2011Internal & External Evidences of the Bible's Reliability
- Marriage Meddling (a sermon on good marriage habits) January 18, 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- June 2011
- June 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- September 2009
- May 2009
- November 2007
- May 2007
- November 2006
- October 2006
- September 2006
- August 2006
- July 2006
- June 2006
- May 2006
- April 2006
- March 2006
- February 2006
- January 2006
- December 2005
- August 2005
- March 2005
- December 2003
- January 2002
- December 2001
- November 2001
- October 2001
- September 2001
- August 2001
- July 2001
- June 2001
- May 2001
- April 2001
- March 2001
- February 2001
- December 2000
- September 2000
- February 2000
- August 1999
- June 1999
- May 1999
- March 1999
- February 1999
- January 1999
- November 1998
- May 1997
- March 1990
Tag Archives: Powerpoint
This is the PowerPoint that accompanied Dan Chaney’s sermon on Predestination.
Dan Chaney’s Christmas sermon: The Birth of Christ
View the PowerPoint online at Google Docs
“They smell like sheep,” is a sermon Dan Chaney preached on the topic of elders. You can listen to the audio, download the PowerPoint, or view the PowerPoint online at Google Docs (The first slide is blank).
Dan’s pm sermon was on Holy Spirit baptism. You can listen to the audio, download the PowerPoint slides, or view the slides online at Google Docs, but remember when Google Docs converts PowerPoint slides into it own native format it sometimes renders the slides a little uglier than PowerPoint.
Last Sunday evening, Dan’s sermon was his report of his activities in Kenya in October. You can listen to Dan’s sermon and view his PowerPoint slides. The two two PowerPoint files are identical except the second file has additional video content inside. The video is silent. Remember. you can subscribe to our Podcast by visiting http://podpoint.net/user/165.
Dan is back from Kenya and his first sermon for us is on the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
Please remember the first slide of all presentations is blank, and things viewed at Google Docs tend to be uglier due to issues of converting the files.
A list of Dan’s verses are below:
The Indwelling of The Holy Spirit
A. I have experienced two extremes on this subject.
1. There are those who want to apply what was spoken/promised to the Apostles/disciples in the first century to every disciple. (The miraculous gifts of the spirit, inspiration, etc.)
2. Then there are those who in an over-reaction to various false teachings on the Holy Spirit (Calvinism, the charismatic Pentecostal movement, etc) who teach that the Holy Spirit is limited to only working thru the word. In fact, some have even claimed that the terms “Holy Spirit” and “God’s Word” can be used interchangeably.
B. The Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead, just as much as Jesus and the Father are.
I. The Holy Spirit Indwells The Christian.
A. The prophesy of Ezekiel 36:25-28. When did this happen?
1. Acts 2:38. How often do we leave off the second part of this verse? – “You shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit”
2. The Greek permits either the receiving of the Holy Spirit Himself or something the Spirit gives.
3. Titus 3:3-5, I believe, is describing the same event as Acts 2:38. The “washing of regeneration” I believe is referring to the point at which we become a “new man.”
a. See also I Cor. 6:11 and I Cor. 12:13.
B. Other Scriptures.
1. Acts 5:32
2. Acts 19:1-5
3. Rom. 5:5
4. Rom. 8:9
C. Rom. 8:11 – Our resurrection is connected to this indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
1. 2 Cor. 1:22; 5:5
2. Eph. 1:13-14
3. Eph. 4:30
II. More Indwelling Passages.
A. I Cor. 6:11; 19 G. Titus 3:3-5
B. 2 Cor. 1:22; 5:5; 6:16-17; 13:14 H. Heb. 6:4-6
C. Gal. 3:2-3; 4:6 I. James 4:4-5
D. Eph. 1:13-14; 2:22; 4:30 J. I Peter 4:14
E. I Thess. 1:5-6; 4:8; 2 Thess. 2:13-14 K. I John 3:23; I John 4:13
F. 2 Tim. 1:14 L. Jude 19-20 – “Praying in the Holy Spirit”?
“Name just one thing the Holy Spirit does for the Christian apart from the Word” – Romans 8:26
III. Some Applications.
A. Teaching that the Holy Spirit indwells the Christian today does not mean that the miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit still continue today. (I Cor. 13:9ff)
B. Don’t run so far from one false teaching and that you end up creating another.
C. We have reason for great hope and encouragement because God is not far away. The Holy Spirit dwells in us. We have been sealed for the day of redemption. The Spirit helps us to pray.
D. Search the Scriptures to see what the truth is on every subject. Truth has nothing to fear.
Bill Blue presented a sermon this morning on seeing Christ and the plan of salvation in the Old Testament Tabernacle. The sermon is available in the following pptx PowerPoint file. Sorry, no audio. Please note that I failed to include a passage in the slide that points out that all spiritual blessings are found in Christ. I’ll let you study the slides and see where you would include it. Also, please note that one of my Old Testament verses is included in the wrong place, either the passage for the menorah is include at the table of the shewbread, or vice-versa. The first slide is blank.
One of our deacons, Clay Bethea, filled in for our preacher, Dan Chaney, while Dan is visiting brethren in Kenya. Clay’s sermon was entitled What’s our attitude towards each other?
My imperfect notes:
What’s our attitude towards each other?
What is our ultimate goal?
Attitude not aptitude determines altitude
Skills needed In our Christian lives
“Are you smarter than a monkey’s uncle?” was Bill Blue’s am sermon for October 30, 2011. The sermon is about knowing our purpose in life. Bill is not our regular evangelist, but he and others will fill in while Dan Chaney is teaching in Kenya. The PowerPoint is particularly unhelpful without the audio file.
The sermon begins with a story about an anthropologist, a gorilla, a chimpanzee, and an orangutan.
■PowerPoint. Download, or view online at Google Docs (Remember the first slide is usually blank and sometimes Google Docs can render the slides a little uglier if it has problems converting the files.)
■Listen to MP3 online
■Podcast Feed or subscribe via iTunes (itpc://podpoint.net/feed/165)